This course runs for 4 weeks. Each week, a new chapter will be revealed (usually together with an assignment), and you’ll have a chance to interact continuously with the teacher and fellow students about the course’s content via the course’s discussion forum.
You will need to spend around 6-8 hours per week on the course. Some weeks are busier than others and may require more time but 7 hours should be the average.
During the first week of this course, we will look at the language’s fundamental concepts, as such as values, variables, expression, operators, conditional statements and loops.
The first course assignment is related to JSON array manipulation (write some functions to extract, edit, delete informations) will be proposed.
At this point, you should be comfortable with the basics of the language. Now let’s see how we can use this knowledge to create websites with real user interaction.
Week 4: The JQuery library
The third and final assignment is to create an animates sound box Web application.
How do I get a certificate of completion and a bdage?
The course includes 3 practical tutor-marked assignments (TMAs) that all need to be completed satisfactorily if you want to receive a certificate of completion and a badge.
Who should attend?
- Web developers and content authors
- Web designers
- Mobile Web developers
- Beginning to intermediate programmers with basic Web knowledge who want to learn new skills
- It is powerful, easy to learn, and quick to write
- It has great tools (editors, runtimes, lint tools, browsers) as well as great online support through plenty of active communities
- It has graphics abilities (via HTML/Canvas)
What do I need?
Ideally, as well as a desktop or laptop computer, you should have access to:
Or you can use any other kind of hosting service. We recommend you consider using one of the many free web hosting services available such as x10hosting and Free Web Hosting Area (there are many others to choose from too). These are limited accounts (they’re free!) but they should allow you sufficient flexibility to complete the course.
Terms and Conditions
- W3C will deliver the course in line with the published description for the advertised fee.
- Payment must be made, in full, at the time of registration.
- Payment is processed using either a credit card or a PayPal account.
- Refunds will only be made if the participant withdraws up until the end of the first week of the online course.
- W3C intends to continue to make the course material available to registered participants for at least 2 months after the course has ended.
- All material, including that produced by participants, in assignments and correspondence is copyrighted property and cannot be copied, duplicated, posted on another Web site, or otherwise used without the original author’s consent. Conversations and posted messages are private and cannot be copied, duplicated, forwarded, or conveyed to anyone else without the original author’s permission.