How does this work?
Once registered, you will have access to an online classroom. During the course, instructors will post lectures and hands-on assignments in the online classroom at the beginning of each week.
You have one week to go through the lectures and complete the assignments, which you can submit online as well.
You can discuss any questions on the lectures and assignments with the instructors and with fellow students using the classroom forum.
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE COURSES INCLUDE:
- You do not need to travel – you can follow the course from your home or workplace; there is no need to travel to a face-to-face training event, thus saving cost and time
- You can attend class at any time – there is no set meeting time, so you can follow the course at a time that is convenient for you
- You have direct access to experts – the convenience of online courses allows first-class experts to do the training, so you will get first-hand information
What do I need?
You need access to the Internet and a Web browser. All material is delivered via the Web and so is accessible on any browser.
Do you offer discounts?
Yes, from time to time at specific conferences. We mainly offer an early-bird rate for all of our courses.
What is a badge?
A digital badge is an online representation of a skill you’ve earned. Using Mozilla’s Open Badges infrastructure, W3DevCampus issues badges backed by our own seal of approval. Learners can then collect badges from different W3C courses and display them across the Web — on their resumes, Web sites, social networking profiles, job sites and more. Create your backpack and start collecting badges from W3C Training.
How do I get a Certificate of Completion and an Open Badge?
The course includes practical tutor-marked assignments (TMAs) that need to be completed satisfactorily for you to receive a certificate of completion and a badge. This certifies that you completed the course successfull, it does not carry endorsement by any organization or authority.
How do I add badges on my Open Badges profile?
After creating your personal Open Badges backpack, go to your classroom. Select Navigation> My Profile> My badges and click on “connect to a bag of badges” for configuring the connection. Don’t forget to add your badge to your backpack by clicking on the “add” icon.
How do I display badges on my LinkedIn profile?
- Go to LinkedIn and log in to your account
- Go to Edit Profile by hovering over the Profile tab in the top left
- Choose which section of your profile you want to display badges in (for example, the summary section at the top of your profile)
- Hover over the + dropdown and click Add Link
- Log in to your Open Badges Backpack and open the badge collection you want to display
- Click the Share This Group icon in the collection box and choose a social media platform to access the URL for your badge collection
- Copy the link for this page (you do not have to go through with sharing your badges if you don’t want to, just close the pop-up window after copying the link)
- Paste the link into the Add Link field in LinkedIn, add descriptor info, and save
My company needs an invoice. How can I get one?
You will have access to an invoice during the registration process.